Beneath Tangled Roots
There are six visible gates to enter and leave Xandrios by, corresponding to the schools of magic. The seventh, the Gate of Illusion, is not readily visible. Each gate terminates in a different area of the Branchways, thus making Xandrios a prime hub for travel through the Branchways.
Any gate can be closed at any time to ward out entrances or protect against a siege. But this can only be done by the master of that particular school.
- Terminates near the base of the Celadon Branch
- Terminates ~190 miles from Tenebra Leaf: the Ever Darkened Realm, on the Celadon Branch
- 6 days ride Coreward
- 3 days ride Leafward
- During Duskheim’s Mind Flayer Occupation, this Branchway does not see much travel at all
- Farthest Leafward Elder Gate on the Celadon Branch
- Terminates 160 miles from Eremus Leaf: the Scorched Realm
- 5 days ride Coreward
- 2.5 days ride Leafward
- Due to the high traffic through this gate, this area is preyed on more thoroughly than most of the other Branchways
- Can be seen only by Master Illusionists
The art of necromancy is a banned by the Library of Xandrios. It is not considered a legitimate school of magic, and thus does not have a gate.