Beneath Tangled Roots
- A jungle village on Leaf Ubertas
- “Bowing Trees”
- The grove is named for the strange crooks in all of the trees in the area.
- At a period in its ancient history, all the trees “bowed” 90 degrees.
- It is believed in the ancient religions that the trees used to be treants, who all bowed when an all-powerful Owl God.
- Many modern thinkers believe it was caused by an immense arcane blast of some sort.
- Most of the trees survived, however, and are now vertical again, giving them a strange hooked shape.
- Wood and rope bridges span all the creeks and rivers throughout the village